Hi! My name is Kim, and if you knew almost anything about my life last week: FORGET IT! Literally, that is how much my life has changed in the last week or so. Here is a list of things that have changed in the month of April:
- I live in Richmond Hill, GA, one of the southern most suburbs on Savannah, GA.
- I’m super excited about it! There is so many more food, gym, and shopping options, it’s pretty close to life-changing!
- I live in a super cute 3 bedroom, 2 bath house WITH A BOY!
- That boy is my boyfriend, JT, and I’m very happy about it but the shock is still washing over me haha.
- The reason that we moved to Richmond Hill, is that I accepted a Purchasing Manager position with my company in downtown Savannah!
- I drive a 2018 Ford Edge that I bought with my first loan.
- My first vehicular love, Pepe, finally drove his last drive and it was heartbreaking. Also, ISO a new nickname for my new vehicle.
It’s been a big week which is why I haven’t been posting, but get ready for a bunch of new house and Savannah content!
Happy shopping, lovelies!
I have always HATED being alone. For the first two and a half years of my life I screamed in the car because I had to sit in the back seat by myself (I think my mother nearly killed me haha). However, being alone with yourself and your thoughts has great mental benefits as an adult especially towards “finding yourself”. As our 20s are supposed to be our time to “find ourselves”, I’ve been working hard in my mid-twenties to do just that.
Part of my strategy to do this has been to take myself out on dates. I’m not going to say that I’m super good at this concept but I’ve enjoyed it so far. Going out with just myself gives me time to think about what really makes me happy since I am a huge people-pleaser. It also gives me time to think about my future and what I want my life to look like and how I think I can make that happen on a personal and professional level. If I were the journaling-type this is probably a time where I would journal too. All of this happens while I am at dinner when you would in theory being getting to know the person across the table from you. However, I also make sure that I plan a fun activity too. I usually lean towards going to movies that I can’t convince my friends or boyfriend to go to with me but I have also done shopping or laying on the beach with a book.
Another thing that I always make sure to do is to dress up or at least look put together. My thought process on this is two-fold: A) I enjoy getting dressed up and it makes me happy and B) you’d dress up for a normal date for a random person so why wouldn’t you do the same for yourself?!
I’ve found that this has been super helpful in my “finding myself” stage of life but I’d love to hear any suggestions you gals may have!
Any one of my friends will attest to the fact that I love anything fancy. However, I don’t always have a “fancy” budget. I love that Echo at the King and Prince Resort is able to provide fancy atmosphere and fancy food for only a semi-fancy price.
My parents, boyfriend, and I ended my parents visit with a nice dinner at this wonderful restaurant. I love the ambiance of this restaurant in the evening as you watch the sunset fall into the ocean out the giant windows overlooking the beach and pool area. Also, they often have bands playing live music in the bar area where couples often dance.
On to the important part, the food! As an appetizer we all shared some delicious mussels in white wine sauce with crusty bread. This is one of my favorite appetizers and it lived up to my expectations while involving a spin on the original with saffron in the sauce. As you can see below, we LOVED them. (Also, we dug into them so fast I didn’t get a picture of their beautiful presentation haha).
Next up was our fabulous entrees. I chose the Coastal Catch with Striped Bass and it was AMAZING. I loved the tender, flavorful fish and mashed potatoes. Look at all the beautiful food that we ordered!!
It was altogether a wonderful evening and I can’t wait to go back to enjoy the food and the view!
Thanks for reading, lovelies!
I’m going to admit something to you, lovelies. My parents came to visit me this weekend and the only things I planned was where we would eat 🙈. Ya gurl likes to eat, what can I say??
One of the big things on my list for my parents visit was The Farmer and The Larder. I’ve been wanting to visit this place since I moved to Brunswick. I’ve heard great things about the food and I was really excited about taking my parents here.
While the menu is small, it all looked AMAZING. I ordered the Steak and Eggs but also got a couple bites of my mom’s French toast with jam. Both were so so so delicious!! I also loved the community atmosphere that the family style tables created. I can’t wait to go back and take JT with me!
Dress: SheIn – $13
Shoes: Target – $25
Hey lovelies! If y’all have been following me for any amount of time you know that I love a good glass of wine. BUT I get pretty overwhelmed when I’m in the wine aisle. I have a general sense of what I like but oh goodness do I wish that someone else could pick things that I know I would like!
ENTER: Bright Cellars. This is a shipment of wine delivered to your door monthly! Specifically picked for you based on a super easy quiz and your ratings of previous shipments.
I got my first shipment today and I was so excited! The first wine I tried was a white blend from Santa Rosa, CA. JT tried it and he liked it so much he went back for a second glass!
I know what you’re thinking, “Kim, WHAT ABOUT THE FREE WINE?!” I hear you, and I shall deliver: use this Link and you can get 2 FREE BOTTLES of wine on your first shipment!!
Literally, it comes out to 5 bottles for $38!! That’s an awesome deal in my book!
Let me know what y’all think!! Because I’m loving this!
I had a birthday party on Saturday. This was a really big thing for me.
I’ve moved 3 times since I graduated college which has made it really difficult to make friends post-college. This year, I actually had enough friends in the same zip code as me to have a party. I am so thankful for the friends that I have made here in the Golden Isles andI can’t wait to celebrate more milestones with them.
Here are a few snaps from that night!
Dress: Amazon $20
Today is my 25th birthday. I am officially a quarter of a century old *cue the quarter life crisis* 😂
All kidding aside, I have compiled a list of the things I’ve learned over the last quarter of a century. So, without further ado and in no particular order…here we go!
The answer is always no, if you don’t ask the question.
Reach out to people. You will never make or keep any friends if you don’t put yourself “out there”.
Just because it’s not what you want, doesn’t mean it’s not what you need.
Listen to your mom, she really does know what she’s talking about.
Take a breath and think about how your audience will receive what you’re saying.
Never turn down birthday cake, celebrations of loved ones lives are worth the calories.
Better to be over dressed than under dressed.
Move like you love your body.
If you don’t know for sure it’s right, it’s probably wrong.
You can only dislike something after you’ve tried it.
Don’t complain about how someone does something unless you’re willing to contribute to a better solution.
Caring for another living thing will help you care about yourself.
The work will always be there. Do what HAS to be done and go home.
Moving outside you’re comfort zone may not change your life immediately, but it will change for the better.
When it feels like your life is falling apart it might actually be falling together.
Well there you have it, folks! That is the culmination of the last 25 years for me. What wisdom have you acquired??
I don’t know about y’all but sometimes the Sunday Scaries hit me hard! Here are a couple of things that I do to try to combat the terror.
- Sunday is my skin care day. I usually do a mask Sunday evenings and tonight I chose a collagen eye mask that I found on Buzzfeed. They are super cheap and are great for an evening treatment or an all-nighter. Here’s hoping for younger looking eyes in the morning!! ($8 for 10)
- Comfy clothes is a must! Literally nothing is scary about a t-shirt dress that is so cozy it makes you want to fall asleep. I have recently been loving these Gap Factory t-shirt dresses (I have 2 of them haha). I love this pink one but it also comes in several other colors! ($20)
- Kitty snuggles literally make everything better. It’s science! According to some studies, it’s been found that a cat’s purring can actually help healing and reduce anxiety. So adopt a cat and cuddle it!! (But seriously, only adopt an animal if you are prepared for the commitment for it’s whole life. They’re only part of your world for a small while but you’re their whole world for their whole lives.)
Well, lovelies, these are just the things that work for me. Let me know what you do to ease your scaries in the comments!
- Meal prep for the week: I try to take healthy lunches to work during the week to control my mood and my waistline. I think one thing that helps me accomplish this is making a large amount of protein (pork tenderloin or chicken breasts or a sheet bake of some sort) on Sundays to make salads and the like during the week. This week, I’m trying some garlic & herbed rubbed chicken breasts from the butcher and roasting some asparagus to put over brown rice. Yum!
- If all else fails, pour yourself a glass of wine, gurl!! Don’t get too carried away because you do probably have to go to work tomorrow but one glass of wine will ease your nerves and make it easier to cope with the chaos of Monday being tomorrow!!