Today is my 25th birthday. I am officially a quarter of a century old *cue the quarter life crisis* 😂
All kidding aside, I have compiled a list of the things I’ve learned over the last quarter of a century. So, without further ado and in no particular order…here we go!
The answer is always no, if you don’t ask the question.
Reach out to people. You will never make or keep any friends if you don’t put yourself “out there”.
Just because it’s not what you want, doesn’t mean it’s not what you need.
Listen to your mom, she really does know what she’s talking about.
Take a breath and think about how your audience will receive what you’re saying.
Never turn down birthday cake, celebrations of loved ones lives are worth the calories.
Better to be over dressed than under dressed.
Move like you love your body.
If you don’t know for sure it’s right, it’s probably wrong.
You can only dislike something after you’ve tried it.
Don’t complain about how someone does something unless you’re willing to contribute to a better solution.
Caring for another living thing will help you care about yourself.
The work will always be there. Do what HAS to be done and go home.
Moving outside you’re comfort zone may not change your life immediately, but it will change for the better.
When it feels like your life is falling apart it might actually be falling together.
Well there you have it, folks! That is the culmination of the last 25 years for me. What wisdom have you acquired??
I don’t know about y’all but sometimes the Sunday Scaries hit me hard! Here are a couple of things that I do to try to combat the terror.
- Sunday is my skin care day. I usually do a mask Sunday evenings and tonight I chose a collagen eye mask that I found on Buzzfeed. They are super cheap and are great for an evening treatment or an all-nighter. Here’s hoping for younger looking eyes in the morning!! ($8 for 10)
- Comfy clothes is a must! Literally nothing is scary about a t-shirt dress that is so cozy it makes you want to fall asleep. I have recently been loving these Gap Factory t-shirt dresses (I have 2 of them haha). I love this pink one but it also comes in several other colors! ($20)
- Kitty snuggles literally make everything better. It’s science! According to some studies, it’s been found that a cat’s purring can actually help healing and reduce anxiety. So adopt a cat and cuddle it!! (But seriously, only adopt an animal if you are prepared for the commitment for it’s whole life. They’re only part of your world for a small while but you’re their whole world for their whole lives.)
Well, lovelies, these are just the things that work for me. Let me know what you do to ease your scaries in the comments!
- Meal prep for the week: I try to take healthy lunches to work during the week to control my mood and my waistline. I think one thing that helps me accomplish this is making a large amount of protein (pork tenderloin or chicken breasts or a sheet bake of some sort) on Sundays to make salads and the like during the week. This week, I’m trying some garlic & herbed rubbed chicken breasts from the butcher and roasting some asparagus to put over brown rice. Yum!
- If all else fails, pour yourself a glass of wine, gurl!! Don’t get too carried away because you do probably have to go to work tomorrow but one glass of wine will ease your nerves and make it easier to cope with the chaos of Monday being tomorrow!!